Custom Rods by The Surfcaster
"These rods have been developed by The Surfcaster over the last 25 years. They represent a small cross section based on literally thousands of rods built by The Surfcaster using hundreds of different blanks and dozens of different guide selections. Every rod has been extensively tested to establish its casting, lure handling and fish-catching attributes in addition to its ease of use. Every rod in this series is made for the individual fisherman (our customer) who buys it — i.e., with consideration given to the physical make-up and abilities of the customer. The butt length, guide sizes, length overall and final selection of blank, grips, reel seat, guides, colors and inscription are all developed with the customer for each and every rod.
These are true custom rods!"
We use Fuji and other first-class quality guides and reel seats selected specifically for your rod and its intended use.
Please call us at (203) 610-6965 to place an order for a custom rod. Please be prepared with the information requested here. Also, we can answer any questions you may have about building a custom rod. We can also advise you with regard to the correct matching of rod, reel and line to your fishing style, areas of use, lure weights and specific applications.
All rods have an added shipping charge on top of our standard shipping rate. We will quote you for shipment when you call to order.
Your custom rod can also be picked up at The Surfcaster shop.
To ensure that your custom rod is fitted exactly to your physical characteristics and fishing conditions, please provide us with the following information. (This is very important! please be as accurate as possible.)
- Person's height
- Distance from armpit to tip of thumb
- Expected reel to be used
- Expected line weight to be used
- Where will rod be primarily used, beach, sand, jetty, boat etc.?
- Lure weights expected to be used
- Sinker and bait combined weight expected to be used
- Butt length preference, if any
- Do you want a full reel seat, plate type reel seat or no reel seat?
- Rod wrapping colors preferred, if any
- Rod inscriptions
- Hand Grip material preference – shrink tube, foam (EVA), or cork tape
- One or two-piece rod preferred
- Wrap desired, diamond style or plain wrap